Skip to main content

Oblivion

A wisp of smoke,
A grain of dust,
He came and he spoke,
To nothigness thence did he dissapear.

He lived,
He rode,
He laughed and spread a cheer.
Yet his parting craved to draw a reminse of a tear.

This he sees,
This he feels,
To oblivion shall be his parting
This he very well knows.

He laughs,
He still spreads the cheer.
For him the world shrinks to every soul he holds dear.

Yet one day he will be gone,
From the world of men
To the golden throne.

Thither shall his fate lie
Thither shall he shed his tears.
To the unwitting eye,
He spreads naught but a cheer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Still Reside

The wind flows subtly through my hair. Memories long dead speak from the grave. The night feels yet so young. The shoulders of companions still hold so strong In their solace shall i confess to all the sins All that i have loved and lost Shall I lose it once again..? Forever shall I be haunted by the ghosts Of a past which was not to pass Of deeds and actions which had not to last. Burn their reminiscences shall this night. Or i shall burn in this plight Still i seek her touch,her smile To pursue this dream, i shall go many a mile No, i have not forgotten you In my deepest corners, you still reside Your memories haunt me from a land afar The untold experiences tear at my heart. For my mouth is shut but my heart still bleeds. The wounds are fresh though time has had its treat. My victory lies in this defeat For your presence shall my heart cry loud. Forever and for always till He take the word from my mouth My princess, no. i have not forgotten you This pauper s...

Dreams

A dream I dreamt, One I meant to see. A dream it was A dream 'twas meant to be. Your hands in mine, A glimmer of destiny, A flutter of peace A cottage by the sea. A dream I dreamt, One I meant to see, A dream it was A dream 'twas meant to be. As I snuggled into your lap The smoke billows out of our chimmney And as the sun sets in the west, Sends golden ribbons over our abode by the sea. A dream I dreamt, One only I could see, Only a dream it remained A dream that was never meant to be.

Demons

I walk into a bar unseen, Strange faces with words unknown Chatter endlessly with a possessed passion. And I listen as I fill my jar to the brim. Their incessant words fill my head And images form inside my mind. The jar falls from its wooden stead. As the visions ensnare me in a deathly bind. I find myself in a land so foul It has no sky or land or life. Yet I see myself before my eyes, A hideous monster, a defeated ghoul. If this is me, the who am I? I hear the clank, The Jar breaks at my feet. I wake up, trembling. Clasping at my wooden seat. And as I stare at the empty bar, I know now, what I had known all along. Those were my demons. Indeed that was me.